The core need for love and acceptance cuts across gender. Sharing your life in a meaningful way in a stable, loving relationship is fundamental to human happiness and wellbeing. Sometimes we need a little help.
Who is couples counselling for?
Some couples are able to navigate the challenges of life, misunderstandings or hurts and seemingly ‘bounce back’ resolving things relatively easily. Other couples get stuck; stressors and misunderstandings evolve into a pattern of negative interactions and the couple are unable to resolve differences. This fundamentally affects how close, secure and respected you may feel in the relationship.
Couples counselling can help you:
- Enrich a healthy relationship, renew a tired one or repair a relationship that has gone awry
- Develop a shared understanding of the difficult patterns and emotional distance that has emerged within your couple relationship
- De-escalate conflict
- Create new interactions in which you and your partner are able to clearly express your needs and be responsive to each other
- Manage relationship stressors more effectively and develop a greater sense of calm.
- Understand how to create healthy communication
- Reduce feelings of loneliness and distress
- Re-discover intimacy and sexuality
- Rescue a relationship after infidelity, or an affair
- Understand and experience how to build a secure bond with a relationship partner.
The approach to couples Counselling at landscape of life is informed by Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), one of only two approaches to couples therapy that are supported by research and endorsed by the American Psychological Association.
Our couples counsellor will help you heal past hurts, strengthen trust and develop a relationship that could look and feel very different to the relationship you have now.
Still not sure if you are ready for counselling?
Join our mailing list to receive relationship and wellbeing tips and event news from landscape of life.