Whether you are in a long-standing relationship, are newly committed, feel really satisfied or quite disheartened marriage counselling can be useful. By helping you go deeper into understanding yourself, your partner and the dynamics of your relationship, you can find lasting solutions, to ensure your marriage is strong, no matter what life brings your way now or in the future.
Who is marriage counselling for?
All married couples experience good times and bad together. It may be difficult to understand how your relationship has evolved over time. Marriage counselling can be helpful when you notice a fundamental shift in how close, secure and respected you may feel in the relationship.
Marriage counselling can help if you:
- get stuck over and, over again in the same arguments or misunderstandings
- are unable to resolve your differences
- have shut down or disengaged
- feel alone, confused, disappointed, or disheartened
- felt close but have now drifted apart
- crave more intimacy and sexuality
- want to create a closer, more loving bond.
landscape of life provides marriage counselling using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), an approach to couples counselling that works. Research indicates up to 90% of couples that undertake a course of EFT report significant improvement in their relationship and up to 75% of couples recover from relationship distress. Changes in the relationship have been shown to last.