Throughout life, we will all experience stress. Some stress is helpful and keeps us focused and motivated. On the other hand, the high levels of stress associated with the rush and haste of modern life has significant negative consequences to our wellbeing.
Who is stress management counselling for?
These days we are more likely to check our devices, than we are to check in with ourselves. Yet, the ability to manage stress is a basic human need, central to our wellbeing, creation of healthy relationships (at home and work) and a happy, successful life.
Counselling for stress management can be helpful if you persistently notice any of the following signs of stress:
- Being angry, irritable or moody
- Avoiding others or being more socially withdrawn
- Procrastinating or finding it difficult to focus or concentrate
- Expecting perfection in yourself and others
- Difficulty sleeping
- Using unhealthy ways of coping with stress:
- Zoning out, in front of the TV or computer for hours
- Using alcohol, drugs or prescription medicines to relax
- Over eating or under eating
- Filling every minute of the day, to avoid being along or addressing issues
- Feeling tired, fatigued or exhausted
- Experiencing physical symptoms such as:
- Back or neck pain
- Heightened sense of pain
- Hot flushes, night sweats
- Muscular tensions
- Tightness in your chest or elevated heart rate
- Upset stomach, diarrhoea, nausea or indigestion
How can stress management counselling help you?
- Identify sources of stress and current coping strategies
- Develop strategies to avert, alter, adapt or accept stress
- Introduce practical tools that are easily applied to everyday life
- Learn healthier ways to manage stress
- Manage strong impulses and emotions
- Change how you react or respond
- Regain a sense of control
- Enhance emotional intelligence
- Re-build connections and create healthy relationship
With a range of effective interventions designed to guide, educate & support we help you take control of stress in all aspects of life.
Still not sure if you are ready for counselling?
Join our mailing list to receive relationship and wellbeing tips and event news from landscape of life.